Emotional Retirement Quotes Wishes To Say Farewell
Top 40 Retirement Sad Quotes For Coleagues And Teachers.
1) Start listening to your heart… it’s the best gift you can give yourself when you retire. Congratulations.
2) Your retirement actually means that you got promoted to one of the best roles in your life. Congratulations.
3) All your life you were wondering why you tolerated an annoying boss and put up with irritating colleagues – retirement is the answer. Congratulations.
4) Morning coffees will finally be what they are meant to be – relaxed and de-stressing. Happy retirement.
5) Forget #ThrowbackThursday and #FlashbackFriday – now you have all the time in the world to lie on a hammock and think about the beautiful memories of your life. Congratulations on your retirement.
6) Retirement marks the end of working for someone else and the beginning of living for yourself. Congratulations.
7) Now you have no excuses for not having enough time for posting selfies with grandkids. Congratulations on retiring.
8) Retirement is your chance to be true to your own self. It is an opportunity to pick up forgotten hobbies and nurture the little kid within you. After all, it’s never too late to start living the life that you have always wanted to.
9) No more targets, no more goals, no more KPIs and no more meetings. All there’s left to do now is to unfurl all the happiness that life has in store. Congratulations on your retirement.
10) The lights have dimmed and the cameras have stopped rolling. Life has yelled Pack Up, but there’s still time until The End. Congratulations.
11) Retiring too soon can rust the mind while retiring too late can rust the body. Did you time your retirement well?
12) Relax and have fun, but don’t let retirement douse the fire in your belly. Farewell and goodbye.
13) Retirement is when life gives you the greatest reward there can ever be – peace of mind. Congratulations.
14) Retirement is the best time to spend all your savings – they aren’t going to be of much use later. Congratulations.
15) Retirement is an opportunity that life gives you to stop complaining about not having the time or chance to do what you always wanted. Congratulations.
16) Retirement is the only time when you can have a life without having a job. Congratulations.
17) No facades, fake smiles or charades – retirement is all about being who you are without a worry in the world. Congratulations.
18) Don’t worry about setting a budget for your retirement. Just focus on setting a timelines to fulfill all your dreams. Congratulations.
19) The first destination you should travel to after retirement is a beautiful, elusive island cut off from the rest of the world – it’s called Happiness. Congratulations.
20) The main course of your life has been amazing. Now finish it off with a classic dessert. Wish you a happy retirement.
21) Retirement is life’s way of giving you a second chance to turn over a new leaf.
22) Retiring is like falling in love for the first time. Thinking about it gives you butterflies in the stomach and you will never know how it feels until you actually retire. Happy retirement.
23) It’s okay to be sad about your retirement, but it is much better to be happier about the awesome days that lie ahead. Congratulations.
24) Retirement is life biggest irony – you’ll get bored soon and start looking for jobs to do.
25) You may have got many promotions throughout your career, but the best perks of your life star now as you spend more time with your friends and family. Congratulations on retiring.
26) Don’t retire with regrets of what you couldn’t do. Retire with ambitions of what you will do now. Congratulations.
27) Just because the word tire is a part of retire, it doesn’t mean you actually have to tire of life. Have an awesome retirement.
28) Stock up with lots of drinks, good music and delicious food – the biggest party of your life is about to start. Happy retirement.
29) The best things in life come unplanned or unexpected. So why plan for retirement? Congratulations.
30) Retirement is the moment when all your favorite colleagues turn into your best friends.
31) Retirement is when you finally stop listening to your boss and start listening to your heart. Congratulations.
32) Retirement is life’s biggest irony. You’ve got all the free time in the world to do whatever you like, but your aging body will probably refuse to do most of those things. Have fun!
33) Retirement is not about giving up, losing yourself, slowing down or feeling old. Retirement is about enjoying the longest holiday of life. Farewell.
34) Planning for retirement is like planning your first ever date. No matter how meticulously you plan, nothing will actually happen according to plan but you’ll still love it. Congratulations.
35) Life tends to give happiness in installments – the biggest and best one being right up ahead. Congratulations on retiring.
36) Retirement is like turning eighteen – you can’t figure out whether you’re young or old. Congratulations.
37) Retirement is the epilogue of your life. Write it well. Congratulations.
38) Thanks for everything you’ve done for your colleagues and the company. Decades of hard work have finally culminated into a beautiful feeling called retirement.
39) Pre-retirement means 9 to 5 under your boss. Post-retirement means 9 to 5 under your wife. Farewell.
40) People retire because they reach a certain age, but businessmen like you can retire because they’ve reached the zenith of success. Congratulations.
Congratulations! We miss you.
Thank you to Mr. P and Dr. B for giving me the opportunity to work for you, opening your home, hearts and being great mentors and friends, I will forever be grateful! I wish you all a healthy, happy and adventurous retirement! Love to all
All of you look so young and beautiful then and now.
Thank you so much for all you have done for the students and faculty at KSU! I’ll always remember my times at Justin Hall fondly. Wishing you all the best in your retirement. Thanks again!
Congratulations! The things I have been able to accomplish in my career all started in Justin Hall under your guidance. Enjoy your retirement!
Congratulations Deb this is one you deserve. Make the most of it.
Welcome to my world!!! Enjoy! Let’s get together.
Congrats Patrick enjoy the free time !!
Congrats to all! Your hard work and dedication to students are truly appreciated!
Retirements are a mixture of sweetness and sorrow.
People who have worked together for a while become aquaintances and then friends. Leaving a familiar place and starting a new life is wonderful… but challenging. A retirement party celebrates the past and looks ahead to the future.
Please accept the invitation on behalf of my family and myself to share the happiness on the occasion of my retirement
Join us for a party celebrating the occasion of ————–‘s retirement
“Retired is being twice tired, I’ve thought first tired of working, then tired of not.” ~ Richard Armour
When a man retires,
his wife gets twice the husband
but only half the income.
– Chi Chi Rodriguez
I’m not just retiring from the company,
I’m also retiring from my stress, my commute,
My alarm clock, and my iron.
– Hartman Jule
“The best time to start thinking about your retirement is before the boss does.” ~Anonymous
“Retirement is like a long vacation in Las Vegas. The goal is to enjoy it the fullest, but not so fully that you run out of money.” ~Jonathan Clements
Before you speak, listen.
Before you write, think.
Before you spend, earn.
Before you invest, investigate.
Before you criticize, wait.
Before you pray, forgive.
Before you quit, try.
Before you retire, save.
Before you die, give.
– William A. Ward
There are some who start their retirement
Long before they stop working.
– Robert Half
“Retirement may be an ending, a closing, but it is also a new beginning.” ~Catherine Pulsifer
Retirement: It’s nice to get out of the rat race,
but you have to learn to get along with less cheese.
– Gene Perret
A professor is one who talks in someone else’s sleep.
– W.H. Auden
The challenge of retirement is
how to spend time without spending money.
“For retirement brings repose, and repose allows a kindly judgment of all things.” ~ John Sharp Williams
“Don’t be dismayed by good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again after moments or a lifetime is certain for those who are friends.” ~Richard Bach
Beyond using just quotes to address your invitations, try some of the following basic elegant wording phrases:
The best time to start thinking about
Your retirement is before the boss does.
Half our life is spent trying to find something to do
with the time we have rushed through life trying to save.
– Will Rogers
There are three things to remember when teaching:
know your stuff; know whom you are stuffing;
and then stuff them elegantly.
– Lola May
Old teachers never die;
They just grade away.
The splendid thing about education is that everyone wants it.
Like influenza, you can give it away without losing any of it yourself.
– Evelyn Waugh
Don’t simply retire from something;
Have something to retire to.
Harry Emerson Fosdick
Retirement is wonderful.
It’s doing nothing without worrying about getting caught at it.
– Gene Perret
A retired husband is often a wife’s full-time job
The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender
Retirement is when you stop living at work and begin working at living
In retirement, every day is Boss Day
And every day is Employee Appreciation Day.
Emotional Retirement Quotes
Retirement at sixty-five is ridiculous,
When I was sixty-five –
I still had pimples
– George Burns
Retirement means no pressure, no stress, no heartache.
– Gene Perret
Retirement is the time in your life
When time is no longer money.
Retirement is when the living is easy and the payments are hard.
The money is no better in retirement…
But the hours are!
Funny Retirement Quotes
When a man retires and time
is no longer a matter of urgent importance,
his colleagues generally present him with a watch.
– R C Sherriff.
Few men of action have been able to make
a graceful exit at the appropriate time.’
– Malcolm Muggeridge
A man is known by the company
that keeps him on after retirement age.
There’s one thing I always wanted to do before I quit… retire!
– Groucho Marx
In retirement only money and symptoms are consequential
– Mason Cooley
The challenge of retirement is
how to spend time without spending money
Retirement is like being out of school for the summer
but the summer never ends.
When you retire, think and act as if you were still working;
When you’re still working, think and act a bit
As if you were already retired
He who laughs last at the boss’s jokes
probably isn’t far from retirement.
Funny Retirement Wishes Quotes
I enjoy waking up and not having to go to work.
So I do it three or four times a day.
– Gene Perret
I have never liked working.
To me a job is an invasion of privacy
– Danny McGorty
A gold watch is the most appropriate gift for retirement,
as its recipients have given up so many of their
golden hours in a lifetime of service.
– Harry Mahtar
First you forget names; then you forget faces;
then you forget to zip up your fly;
and then you forget to unzip your fly.
– Branch Rickey
I’m retired –
If you are going to throw a club,
it is important to throw it ahead of you,
down the fairway,
so you don’t have to waste energy going back to pick it up.
– Tommy Bolt
Retirement is like a long vacation in Las Vegas.
The goal is to enjoy it the fullest,
But not so fully that you run out of money.
– Jonathan Clements
When one door closes, another one opens,
but we often look so long and regretfully at the closed door
that we fail to see the one that has opened for us.
– Alexander Graham Bell
When men reach their sixties and retire, they go to pieces.
Women go right on cooking.
– Gail Sheehy
In your retirement years never drink coffee at lunch;
It will keep you awake in the afternoon.